SPRING CLEANUP APRIL 2015
The Department of Public Works will again have Spring Cleanup this year. Unlike the regular twice a month bulk collection, there is no appointment required for Spring Cleanup. The same rules apply, however, regarding when items should be put out to the curb. The twice a month bulk collection, which requires an appointment, will be cancelled during April, 2014.
Cleanup week will give residents the opportunity to put out furniture, fence, wood, etc for collection. Wood must be bundled and tied. Bundles no longer than 5 feet, no heavier than 50 pounds each.
The following items will not be collected as part of Cleanup Week. These items should be disposed of in the regular manner:
- Metal items or appliances . (Call for an appointment)
- Construction debris created or left by an outside contractor.
- Creosoted Lumber will not be collected.
- Hazardous waste - No paint, pesticides, etc.
- Boxed or Bagged Items - Place bagged garbage in refuse container. Breakdown you cardboard boxes and place in your Blue Automated container for recycling.
- Brush/branches/leaves - collected separately, by zone by a separate truck.
Spring Cleanup will be by zones - the same zones as for brush & branch collection, on the following schedule:
Put items out
Items will be collected
||Sat/Sun 4/4 - 4/5
|Mon to Fri 4/6 - 4/10
||Sat/Sun 4/11 - 4/12
||Mon to Fri 4/13 - 4/17
||Sat/Sun 4/18 - 4/19
||Mon to Fri 4/20 - 4/24
||Sat/Sun 4/25 - 4/26
||Mon to Fri 4/27 - 5/1