Melissa A. Hesler, Borough Clerk/Registrar
ATTENTION: Borough of Tinton Falls Residents
The Municipal Election will be held during the General Election on November 5, 2019 for the following offices:
Councilmembers-at-Large (3 Positions)
Term to Expire 12/31/2023
The deadline for filing petitions is Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 4:00pm in the Borough Clerk's Office, 556 Tinton Avenue, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724.
Petition Packets will be available in the Borough Clerk’s Office starting Monday,
May 6, 2019.
The Municipal Clerk's office is responsible for the following:
- Registered Municipal Clerk is a statutory position that must achieve certification through education and testing. The Registered Municipal clerk must attend certification classes to retain a RMC license designation.
- Chief Administrative Official of all elections.
- Chief Registrar of voters.
- Custodian of the Municipal Seal.
- Prepare meeting agendas for Borough Council and attends all meetings with the responsibility of recording the minutes of the meetings.
- Custodian of the original copies of all Ordinances, Resolutions, Minutes, Performance Bonds, Contracts, Borough Deeds and Easements.
- Administrative Officer responsible for licenses and permits (Liquor and Raffle Licenses).
- Custodian of Landlord Registration Statements.
- Assessment Search Official.
- Open Public Records Official "OPRA"
- Custodian of Off-Site Condition Disclosure.
- Custodian of Financial Disclosure Statements.
Office of Vital Statistics:
Marriage Licenses, Birth Certificates and Death Certificates
All Marriage License applications and Certified Copies of a Vital Record are done by appointment only on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
CLICK HERE for more information on Marriage License Applications
CLICK HERE for Certified Copy of a Vital Record Form