Municipal Court - Frequently Asked Questions......


What is your Court Code?

Tinton Falls: 1336

Eatontown: 1311

Monmouth beach: 1333

What is your mailing address? What is your phone number?  Fax number?
556 Tinton Avenue
Tinton Falls, NJ  07724
Phone: 732-542-3400 Ext. 373
Fax:     732-542-1289

How can I make a payment?
You can make a payment via the mail, the Violations Bureau Window, or online at (to make a payment online you will need the court code, ticket # and your license plate#).  You can also drop off your payments after hours in the drop box located in the front of the municipal building.  If you want a receipt please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.

How many points does this ticket have? do I receive points on my out-of-state driver's license for a ticket I received in NJ?
The court does not and cannot get involved in the issuance of points.  Please contact Motor Vehicles Services 609-292-7500 or for that information.

My ticket has a "Notice to Appear" date, but the trooper told me the ticket was payable; do I have to come to court?
In almost all cases the "Notice to Appear" date is your PAY DATE.  You only have to come to court if the box is checked next to the "Court Appearance Required" box.  However there are certain instances that the Court Appearance Required box is not checked, mistakenly, and a Court Appearance is Required.  Call to court to verify.

I want to Plead Not Guilty to a ticket, what is the procedure?
You must contact the court at least 7 days prior to your pay date to plead Not Guilty.  The date given under the "Notice to Appear" is not your court date, it is your pay date (unless the court appearance required box is checked).

I received a letter from MVC stating that my driver's license will be suspended, if I do not pay my ticket.  Now that I have paid the summons, can I drive?
Take your receipt to MVC before you drive.  The receipt will provide proof that you resolved the matter.  The MVC will (in almost all cases) require you pay a $100.00 Restoration Fee before you can drive again.  Restoration fees can also be paid online at

How do I file a Complaint against someone?
Come to the Tinton Falls Police Department to report the incident/complaint. The Police Department will provide you with a Civilian Probable Cause Form to be filled out by you. The Civilian Probable Cause will then be forwarded on to the Municipal Court to determine Probable Cause/issuance of your complaint.