Tinton Falls Public Library
Our computer catalog contains over 40,000 items. It is linked to the Monmouth County system with its 10 branch libraries and 16 member libraries (including Tinton Falls). Through this system, items can be requested from the County Library, or nationwide through the Inter-library Loan program.
To obtain a library card: Present a valid NJ driver's license, utility bill, tax bill or other proof of current address. Library membership is free to residents; nonresidents pay $30 yearly. Children under 15 must have parent's permission to join.
For a catalog, or to renew items on-line, go to: http://mcls.sirsi.net/webtf.htm
- Latest Bestsellers
- Large Print books
- Children's books for all ages
- Music CDs
- Large DVD collection
- Up-to-date magazines
- Daily Newspapers
- Photocopy and fax facilities
- Internet access using library computers & a Wireless Hot Spot, or you can use your own.
- Dedicated computers equipped with MS Office. They may be used for word processing, spread sheets, etc., or printing from your own diskette.
- The public meeting room may be booked for groups up to 20 people.
- Loan Periods
Books and Magazines: 14 days
Best Sellers on reserve: 7 days
DVD's (Limit 6 per family): 2 days
Audio Books & Music CD's : 14 days
- Late Charges Per Day:
DVD's - $1.25
Reserve Books - 25 cents
All other items - 10 cents.
Putting a book on Hold from your home computer
In order to put a book on Hold, the book must be checked out. Books that are checked out will indicate that in their Location.
If the book you want is checked out:
1. Click on "Place Hold" which appears below the picture of the book cover.
2. Enter your library card number in the box. Do Not Attempt to Enter a PIN.
3. Click on the blue "Place Hold" button.
Sometimes, this process does not work. If you have trouble, check to make sure that the book is actually checked out. If you need further assistance, please call the library at 732-542-3110. DVDs or books on our shelves may not be placed on hold.
Renewing your materials from your home computer
In order to renew materials you have checked out from your home computer, you will need your library card.
1. Go to our online catalog.
2. On the right hand side of the Search screen, under "My Account", click on "Renew My Materials".
3. Enter your library card.
4. Select the items that you want to renew by clicking on the boxes by each title or by clicking on the "Renew All" button.
5. Click on the blue "Renew Selected Items" button.
DVDs may only be renewed once. Books, audio books and CDs may be renewed twice.