Monday - Friday
8:30 - 4:30

 (732) 542-3400

556 Tinton Avenue
Tinton Falls, NJ, 07724

Municipal Court

Contact Information and Hours

Stacy Kitson, Court Administrator
Phone: 732-542-3400 Ext. 373 

Court Hours:
Tinton Falls Court is in session 

on Tuesday,  8:00 a.m.
Eatontown Court is in session 
on Thursday,  8:00 a.m.
Monmouth Beach Court is in session on
the 3rd Thursday of the month, 1:00 p.m.

Court Office Hours:
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.

Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:00 am to 3:30 pm.

Municipal Court Department Information

The Tinton Falls Municipal Court is a part of the unified state system of courts, supervised by the Administrative Office of the Courts and, ultimately, the Supreme Court of New Jersey. The most direct oversight of all municipal courts in Monmouth County is by the Assignment Judge of Superior Court and the Trial Court Administrator. 

The court officers in Tinton Falls are the Municipal Judge, the Municipal Court Administrator (formerly known as the Municipal Court clerk), the Deputy Court Administrator, the Violations Clerk and the Data Entry Clerk. The Prosecutor, who must be an attorney, is supervised by the Police Department. All of these positions are filled by appointment of the Mayor. A Public Defender may be appointed at the municipal level. 

The Superior Court in Freehold handles all indictable offenses. On occasion, the same municipal court structure functions as a special court, with the Municipal Judge presiding, to address particular problems, such as a backlog in drunken-driving offenses.

The municipal court addresses all offenses categorized as disorderly persons, traffic (e.g. driving while intoxicated), health department matters, violations of fish and game regulations, and specific violations concerned with juveniles. The court administrator must meet additional requirements imposed by The Domestic Violence Act and amendments to the drug laws. 

Also known as Community Dispute Resolution Program (CDRP).
The CDRP is a group of experienced and trained volunteers from the community, appointed by the Court, approved at the County level, who assist citizens in resolving their disputes through the process of Mediation.  Its' fundamental purpose is to function as a service to the community by endeavoring to helpfully intervene in dispute prior to the case formally entering the criminal justice system.  Mediation sessions are confidential, therefore Mediators are prohibited from discussing the case with anyone prior to or after the conference.  Only those individuals directly related to the case are allowed to be present.  Once a complaint is filed the Municipal Court Judge will determine whether or not a case is to be sent to Mediation or onto Court.  Not all cases are eligible to participate in the CDRP.  Cases that cannot be resolved through Mediation or those considered too complex will be referred back to the Municipal Court for a scheduled formal hearing.

The CDRP operates under specific rules that have been established by the NJ State Supreme Court Committee on Dispute Resolution Programs.

Municipal Court - FAQ

What is your Court Code?  â€‹
Tinton Falls: 1336
Eatontown: 1311
Monmouth Beach: 1333

What is your mailing address? What is your phone number?  Fax number?
556 Tinton Avenue
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
Phone: 732-542-3400 Ext. 373
Fax: 732-542-1289

How can I make a payment?
You can make a payment via the mail, the Violations Bureau Window, or online at (to make a payment online you will need the court code, ticket # and your license plate#).  You can also drop off your payments after hours in the drop box located in the front of the municipal building.  If you want a receipt please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.

How many points does this ticket have? do I receive points on my out-of-state driver's license for a ticket I received in NJ?
The court does not and cannot get involved in the issuance of points.  Please contact Motor Vehicles Services 609-292-7500 or for that information.

My ticket has a "Notice to Appear" date, but the trooper told me the ticket was payable; do I have to come to court?
In almost all cases the "Notice to Appear" date is your PAY DATE.  You only have to come to court if the box is checked next to the "Court Appearance Required" box.  However there are certain instances that the Court Appearance Required box is not checked, mistakenly, and a Court Appearance is Required. Call the court to verify.

I want to Plead Not Guilty to a ticket, what is the procedure?
You must contact the court at least 7 days prior to your pay date to plead Not Guilty.  The date given under the "Notice to Appear" is not your court date, it is your pay date (unless the court appearance required box is checked).

I received a letter from MVC stating that my driver's license will be suspended, if I do not pay my ticket.  Now that I have paid the summons, can I drive?
Take your receipt to MVC before you drive.  The receipt will provide proof that you resolved the matter.  The MVC will (in almost all cases) require you pay a $100.00 Restoration Fee before you can drive again.  Restoration fees can also be paid online at

How do I file a Complaint against someone?
Come to the Tinton Falls Police Department to report the incident/complaint.  The Police Department will provide you with a Civilian Probable Cause Form to be filled out by you. The Civilian Probable Cause will then be forwarded on to the Municipal Court to determine Probable Cause/issuance of your complaint.